- The season record high for value of US (Oregon, Washington and California) pear exports, including Canada, was set in 2007/08 at $175.5 million.
- The export value of US Pear exports has increased 27 percent in the past 5 seasons.
- USA Pear exports (excluding shipments to Canada) from Oregon and Washington account for around 28 percent of the total USA Pear crop (summer, fall and winter pear varieties)
- Although the USA Pear export volume has not met the record levels established in 2001/02, the average price per box has increased over $8 per box since that time, with record value set during the 2008/09 season.
- Exports to Mexico reached a record high of over 4 million boxes (Global Trade Atlas) in 2001-02 and have consistently surpassed 3 million boxes in 8 of the last 10 seasons, falling in 2009/10 due to the Mexican retaliatory tariff on U.S. pears.
- The top exported varieties are Green Anjou, Bartlett, Bosc, and Red Anjou
- USA Pears are exported to over 60 countries
- The Pear Bureau conducts promotional activities in 38 markets
- Brazil, Russia, and India are three of the industry’s fastest growing export markets.
Top 10 Export Markets - 2009/10 Season
||Volume (44-lb Boxes)
||Source: Global Trade Atlas||
USA Pear Export Data
USA Pear export history - PDF (12kb)
Growth Markets - PDF (10kb)
Top Export Market graph - PDF (10kb)
For more information on the export markets and the Pear Bureau's promotional activities, contact:
International Marketing Director
International Program Coordinator